Apple Deployment Essentials is a two-day course written by Apple. In this course students will gain the skills, tools, and knowledge they need to deploy Mac computers and iOS devices. Interactive discussions and hands-on exercises guide students through configuring and managing these Apple devices. Students will work through real-world scenarios to test and reinforce what they learn.
Apple Deployment Course Outline
- Explore the challenges and inconsistencies of manually configuring multiple devices in an organisation.
- Learn how to use MDM to configure and manage devices consistently and efficiently.
- In this introduction to Apple Business Manager, you’ll configure settings to enable over-the-air enrolment and supervision and learn how users can personalise organisation-owned devices.
- Learn about the security technologies that protect the system, apps, and data on Apple devices. Configure restrictions, enforce FileVault on macOS, and manage the flow of data on iOS.
- Compare and contrast methods for restoring macOS and iOS devices to factory state. Gain experience using built-in tools and discover how to rapidly return devices to service.
Deploy Shared Devices
- Configure devices for shared use. The devices have distributed apps and content, but users can’t personalise them.
Design a Scenario
- Evaluate real-world deployment scenarios. Working in teams, design a deployment that meets your scenario’s needs and then present your solution to the class.